- R. O. Beebe, Insurance Agent - Paw Paw
- John Struble Harness Shop - Decatur
- Tillou & Olin, Lawrence Mills - Lawrence
- H. E. Jennings, Dentist - Bangor
- W. F. Dailey, Blacksmithing - Mattawan
- Kinney, Adams & Co., Merchants - Lawton
- Attorneys at Law
- Boots & Shoes
- Carriages, Wagons & Sleighs
- Cigar Manufacturers
- Tin Ware
- Justices of the Peace
Directories for the late 1800's are rare, the only other individual directory known to exist for Van Buren County prior to 1900 is the Van Buren County Gazetteer and Business Directory published in 1869. Although, there are some business listings in the county's 1860, 1873 & 1895 plat books. South Haven is the only town in the county known to have had it's own city directories, and to date the only known early one is the W. A. Norton directory of South Haven, Casco, and Covert, 1898-1900.
This 1877 directory is extremely rare and may be the only one left in existence. This, and all of the others listed in this post, may be viewed in the Local History Collection of the Van Buren District Library.