Classes slated for the day include:
- Insider Search Tips for Ancestry.com
- How to Find Civil War Roots at Ancestry.com
- Hidden Treasures of the Genealogy Center in Fort Wayne
- A Dozen Ways to Jumpstart Your Family History Project
- As the Experts, a panel discussion
The obvious added bonus is that the ACPL, the largest public genealogical library in the country, is only a couple of blocks away from the Convention Center. Plan to arrive a day or two in advance, or stay a couple of days after and spent some time using the genealogical collection. There are several motels in the area including the Fort Wayne Hilton.
Having attended several events such as this, I can tell you that there's nothing quite like the thrill of being surrounded by genealogical experts and by your genealogical piers. Add to that the opportunity to view and buy the latest products, and it will make a day to remember.
There are several places online to register, one of them being http://fortwayneancestryday.eventbrite.com/.